Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 04:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Freelancer
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 20:28 

I'm actually surprised no one on WSGF touched this game for all these years.

:!: All solutions for widescreen (both in the master game list and in this forum) are quite outdated. :!: Hudshift.dll, jflp.dll, cameras.ini and prefoptions.ini changes are bound to be wrong on resolutions other than those depicted in the example (1680x1050).

The solution to every widescreen problem for Freelancer is to download Jason's Freelancer Patch.
It contains BOTH the unofficial freelancer patch 1.4 AND the quickfix. Along with all those it contains the ability to select every widescreen option inside the game's video options. It incorporates all correct HUD placement FOR ALL widescreen options it provides, negating to change anything yourself and also fixes the problematic dropdown of the top bar if you save outside a planet.

You can find this patch at http://adoxa.altervista.org/freelancer/index.html. Install Freelancer, install the official v1.1 patch and then install the JFLP patch and you're good to go.

I REPEAT:
It would be quite helpful to update Freelancer's grade, solution, and resulting images in the game's page in the master game list. At least add the JFLP patch on top of the solution already presented.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 00:10 
I Donated
I Donated

Friteza wrote:
I'm actually surprised no one on WSGF touched this game for all these years.

:!: All solutions for widescreen (both in the master game list and in this forum) are quite outdated. :!: Hudshift.dll, jflp.dll, cameras.ini and prefoptions.ini changes are bound to be wrong on resolutions other than those depicted in the example (1680x1050).

The solution to every widescreen problem for Freelancer is to download Jason's Freelancer Patch.
It contains BOTH the unofficial freelancer patch 1.4 AND the quickfix. Along with all those it contains the ability to select every widescreen option inside the game's video options. It incorporates all correct HUD placement FOR ALL widescreen options it provides, negating to change anything yourself and also fixes the problematic dropdown of the top bar if you save outside a planet.

You can find this patch at http://adoxa.altervista.org/freelancer/index.html. Install Freelancer, install the official v1.1 patch and then install the JFLP patch and you're good to go.

I REPEAT:
It would be quite helpful to update Freelancer's grade, solution, and resulting images in the game's page in the master game list. At least add the JFLP patch on top of the solution already presented.

I believe I attempted this solution (or something similar) a couple of years ago for NV Surround. If I recall correctly, the game would play in 5760x1200, but the 3rd person camera was non-functional, as I was unable to see my own ship, essentially forcing the game to be played in first person. Has this issue been fixed?

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2015, 01:42 

Personally, I tested the game on resolutions (on single monitors) ranging from 1152x768 to 2560x1600 and the HUD, turret view, 3rd person, text and topbar worked flawlessly. Certainly not what the screenshots in this thread OP shows.

I can't tell for NV surround/Eyefinity (haven't got multiple monitors), but if my resolutions have an automatic arrangement on cameras (cameras.ini), interfaces (HUD.ini, buttontextures.ini, etc) and other thinks (maybe managed through the custom .dll that links those fixes together), then I suppose you're good to go.

I'm not a 3rd person flyer myself (prefer to take the seat inside a ship) but i use 3rd person for voyages, mining and transport. I really can't tell if there will be any distortion to the turret/3rd person view, but I can say with certainty the HUD, text, UI, map, gauges, main menu, buttons and comm video with other pilots won't have a problem because now they are aligned correctly to each resolution and not by changing an .ini to work for one (tested with my resolutions).
I can't provide any screenies right now, but I installed Freelancer for a LAN party on 3 laptops and 2 desktops having various widescreen resolutions.

Forgot to say: Using this patch on multiplayer sessions (either vanilla or modded) may be considered cheating and result in bans.. Most mods and servers check for file tampering.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2016, 20:08 

Anyone have this game working on 21:9 aspect?

Edit: Got it working with the Discovery Mod

Photo Proof:

Attachment:
File comment: Freelancer 21:9
Freelancer in 21x9.png
Freelancer in 21x9.png [ 4.8 MiB | Viewed 1782 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2016, 09:48 
I Donated
I Donated

Strata wrote:
Anyone have this game working on 21:9 aspect?

Edit: Got it working with the Discovery Mod

Photo Proof:

Attachment:
Freelancer in 21x9.png

How did you start a regular single player game in discovery mod? Doesn't seem to start the game normally.

Also noticed how the game's cutscenes are stretched/cropped really badly. Anyway to get the game to keep the cutscenes from getting stretched?