Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2014, 17:56 

Rifte wrote:
Hi all

This workaround on Widescreen Fixer and Flawless Widescreen both work like a dream.

One problem though.

On 2560 x 1080 resolution, the targeting reticle is inaccurate. It doesnt physically place itself on the target when I interact with whatever. It sits slightly to the right of the target.

Any workaround?

Cheers

Rifte

I had the same issue. If you go in the display detection settings of Flawless Widescreen you can adjust the HUD manually so the targeting reticle will line up. Here is what worked for me:

Width: 2560
Height: 1080
HUD Width: 1920 (HUD will get cut off if any wider)
HUD Height: 1080
HUD X: 328
HUD Y: 1080

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2015, 00:35 

Drewpy Drew wrote:

I had the same issue. If you go in the display detection settings of Flawless Widescreen you can adjust the HUD manually so the targeting reticle will line up. Here is what worked for me:

Width: 2560
Height: 1080
HUD Width: 1920 (HUD will get cut off if any wider)
HUD Height: 1080
HUD X: 328
HUD Y: 1080

This worked great for lining up my Targeting Reticle for shooting, but the object/character Selection Reticle is still off. It's off to the right a bit.
If I take away the HUDX value, then the whole HUD and Targeting Reticle slides to the left, then shooting is nearly impossible. But the Selection Reticle will be correct...

It seems like its one or the other. Either that or I'm missing something.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2015, 04:26 

Also playing on ultrawide, at 3440x1440. These settings on Flawless Widescreen worked for me,

Similar to the 2560x1080 solution above. Main difference being the offset of the HUD @ 440.

Here's a screencap of my settings:
http://imgur.com/gallery/SQYh2jJ

A few screencaps of the game @ 21:9 (3440x1440)
http://imgur.com/gallery/uXmwy

Note the weird targeting reticle that goes off to the right, don't know how to fix that... But everything else seems to work well (Shooting and whatnot)

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 01:55 

I'm also having this problem with the targeting reticle, I'm using the exact settings as Drewpy Drew except for Hud X at 320, I found that was the exact center value on trial and error and some messing around. It affects gameplay in the way that you get confused of where enemies are actually at, but other than that no problems so far.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 19:26 

I have a problem with Flawless WideScreen with all three Mass Effect games...

Flawless Widescreen does not detect the game process and does nothing. I tried Widescreen Fixer too, and it crashs when i launch Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3

I suspect Windows 10 to be responsible of this... Any idea on how to correct this?

Thanks in advance, I am a huge huge huge fan of Mass Effect, and I want them running on my 21:9 monitor :(

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 20:12 
Insiders
Insiders

laloutr3 sounds like hook is blocked. When game loads, what text does FWS show in its status box?

Did you try running FWS
- as admin?
- in compatability mode?

Failing that, could try above on both FWS & game.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 20:21 

FWS only shoes "Searching for Mass Effect Process". It works in all other games though !

I tried to run it as admin, but not i compatibility mode, i'll check that now :)

Thanks for you response :)

Edit : Tried compatibility mode and admin mode on both game and FWS, still does not work :(

I forgot to precise, Mass Effect 1 and 2 are steam version.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2015, 20:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Beyond that, I am not much help. Some long shot ideas:

1. Much of FWS guts are editable (script files), but I see no obvious problem / fix that would help you hook. You could contact a FWS developer/contributor for ideas, specifically regarding Windows 10 maybe?

2. You could try spreading using manual methods. But I highly doubt this will magically fix your hooking problem. If interest, you can find these instructions in my blog:
- Mass Effect 3
http://www.wsgf.org/blog/imusrt/2015/04/08/mass-effect-3-2012-manual-plp-instructions
- Mass Effect 2
http://www.wsgf.org/node/28740

3. You could try everything again, using a different game exe version. I would suggest trying a NO-CD fixed game exe; likely easy enough to download for this test. There is a chance that this will get FWS past whatever is blocking it.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2015, 22:31 

Couldn't it be risky to use a nocd crack on a steam game? I will look your other suggestions :)

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 21:59 

I corrected the problem on Mass Effect 2 ! And i think it will be the same for 1 and 3 :)

I went to the folders where FWS stocks plugin, and edited the file "MassEffect2.lua"

In the process vars, it put the following :

Process_FriendlyName = Module:GetFriendlyName()
Process_WindowName = "*"
Process_ClassName = "*"
Process_EXEName = "MassEffect2.exe"

Before, WindowName was "Mass Effect 2" and ClassName something like"UnrealEngineClass", and EXEName was "*". I think that Windows 10 does not expose same informations than before, and FWS could not locate the UnrealEngine thing IMO. So i tried to detect the process only by its exe name, and it worked :) I also had to correct the HUD like said on ME2 thread, but now it's great :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next