Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dungeon Siege
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2017, 10:28 

Don't work for me via Voodoo2, tried 2.5 and the new 2.54.

I do all as described in the screenshot but it crash after character creation. I made the hex edit in the exe and although the ini edit, what i have forget?

Help please :)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 03:49 

Hi all! I'm looking for help with the Hor+ FOV fix. I've followed the hex editing directions very carefully, but I can't get it to work.

I'm running the Steam version at 1920x1080, using the Killah Fix pack to enable DSLOA. Which means that the exe I'm editing is the DLSOA exe renamed to DungeonSiege.exe. When I follow FOV fix directions, I get a messed up main menu (so I know my hex edits are doing SOMETHING), but my in-game FOV doesn't change one bit.

This is really frustrating, because I would love to play this game in widescreen with the proper FOV. Does anybody have any suggestions or insight? Any help at all would be hugely appreciated!

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 22:52 

Mark_B wrote:
Don't work for me via Voodoo2, tried 2.5 and the new 2.54.

I do all as described in the screenshot but it crash after character creation. I made the hex edit in the exe and although the ini edit, what i have forget?

Help please :)

I have the same problem. When you don't use dgVoodoo 2 the game would show an error message saying the game doesn't support a resolution like 1920x1080, but pressing OK the game would run fine. But with dgVoodoo I can not even see this error message to click OK. You can try to fix this by opening system_details.gas file in the installation folder, and everywhere where you see 1024x768 add a new line with your own resolution, so the error message will not appear.

theASMRnerd wrote:
Hi all! I'm looking for help with the Hor+ FOV fix. I've followed the hex editing directions very carefully, but I can't get it to work.

I'm running the Steam version at 1920x1080, using the Killah Fix pack to enable DSLOA. Which means that the exe I'm editing is the DLSOA exe renamed to DungeonSiege.exe. When I follow FOV fix directions, I get a messed up main menu (so I know my hex edits are doing SOMETHING), but my in-game FOV doesn't change one bit.

This is really frustrating, because I would love to play this game in widescreen with the proper FOV. Does anybody have any suggestions or insight? Any help at all would be hugely appreciated!

The FOV fix doesn't work for me either. I have the DVD version of DSLOA, tried both on dungeonsiege and DSLOA exe, the main menu is all messed up for me too, but the game is still Vert-. In DSLOA also the in game HUD is not correct, the bottom ends up on top of the screen.

PostPosted: 01 May 2018, 20:01 

Update: It turns out the FOV fix does work, but the instructions are wrong; you MUST start a new game AFTER doing the hex edit, you can not load a previous save. I will update the report.

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 08:57 

antrad wrote:
Update: It turns out the FOV fix does work, but the instructions are wrong; you MUST start a new game AFTER doing the hex edit, you can not load a previous save. I will update the report.

Confirmed, this does the trick! Thank you so much for the fix! The only downside is, of course, the menu is messed up for character creation, which makes customizing your character very difficult. But I can live with that.

Also, regarding your previous post about the custom resolution error message not being visible when using dgvoodoo2: when you get the black screen, just press the Enter key. It will close the error message and load as normal! It does for me, at least.