Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2007, 16:36 
Insiders
Insiders

What exactly do you mean by this?
there are no in-game movies

==Grading==

Calculated grade: D
Potential grade: D+

Major unresolved issues:
None

Minor unresolved issues:
Some pending questions about the game movies

Summary of widescreen-related flaws:
Stretched gameplay
Hack solution
Stretched HUD

Cranky's coverage estimate: 99%

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2007, 19:56 

Logo videos. Anamorphic.

Teaser/demo video. Cannot find in-game. Anamorphic.

Making of bonus videos. Can be unlocked at menus. Stretched.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2007, 21:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Are the above three things normally run at a fixed resolution? And does the optional part of your hack solution change this resolution?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007, 01:24 

I went back an dchecked again.

The bonus "making of" movies are stretched to whatever resolution is set in the primary method.

The other logo movies are fixed resolution normally. Anamorphic with the optional method.

If the teaser movie is in the game I would say fixed normal and anamorphic with the optional method. But I am not sure that the movie is in the game. Most games just bundle it in the bink/movie folder and never use it ala Bioshock.

EDIT - Reworded profile screen section.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007, 01:45 
Insiders
Insiders

Then I advise stating in the "optional" section that this only affects the logos. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with that part at all. You're literally going to be spending more time fixing the logos than you are watching them in their anamorphic glory.

==Grading==

Calculated grade: D+

Major unresolved issues: None
Minor unresolved issues: None

Summary of widescreen-related flaws:
Stretched gameplay
Hack solution
Stretched HUD
Stretched cut-scenes & bonus FMVs

Cranky's coverage estimate: 100%

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007, 02:16 

Then I advise stating in the "optional" section that this only affects the logos. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with that part at all. You're literally going to be spending more time fixing the logos than you are watching them in their anamorphic glory.

Just for that I am going to watch them all the way through one more time. 8)

I assumed the bonus movies were fixed resolution. I was incorrect.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007, 02:17 

Stretched cut-scenes & bonus FMVs

And now I have to get pics up.

Thanks again friend. :D

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2008, 00:42 

Too bad this game doesn't support widescreen. Stretching isn't really an option imo, I rather play on a smaller screen than with fat people with broad faces... :)

Does anyone know if there is any chance that there will ever be a way to play the game in real Hor+? Since the XBOX version does support widescreen and from what I know an xbox is basically an IBM-PC, it should be fairly easy to patch the PC version - if you have access to the source code that is.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 00:57 

Indigo Prophecy (or Fahrenheit) is one of my most favourite games ever. Unfortunately the PC-Version doesn't support widescreen and I hate playing games or watching movies with a wrong aspect ratio. If you own a NVidia-Graphics-Card, you can just set the driver to keep the aspect ratio and play in 4:3 even on a widescreen-monitor.

But as I own an ATI-Card and the Drivers have some serious problems with that function, I had to find away to solve this problem. Even though I activated the mentioned function, standard-resolutions like 1280x1024 were still stretched to fit my Samsung 226BW. And here comes the trick:

I changed the games' resolution to 1400x1050 (as my screen has a native resolution of 1680x1050 pixels) by using the Hex-Editor-Process that is described in the first post of this topic, and set the ATI-Drivers (I use the modified Omega-Drivers from omegadrivers.net) to not-stretching. Well, it worked!

Now I can play the game with black bars on both sides of the screen, but in native resolution of my display. Maximum sharpness, no stretching, correct aspect ratio. It's not widescreen, but it looks much much better than stretched.

Edit: It seems like the game doesn't like this hex-editing. With the resolution set to 1400x1050, the game keeps crashing at the very same spot over and over again. At the park, where Lucas jumps into the lake, to save the kid, the game crashes, just before you have to mash the shoulder-buttons. At 1280x1024, the game works just fine.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 21:51 

Well this is a way to play Fahrenheit/ Indigo Prophecy in true Widescreen...

Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to take screenshots... Well, if anyone know how...

Step 1. NVIDIA only... set scaling to off
Step 2. Use the bytecode hack to set a resolution which vertical part is higher than what your monitor supports (1680x1200 for a 1680x1050 monitor)
Step 3. use NVIDIA control panel to set custom resolution of 1680x1200
Step 4. Play

If the game crashes, just reload, reset the resolution to 640x480, play that part and set resolution back to custom one...

PLEASE CONFIRM

P.S. this works for Tony Hawk's American Wasteland,too in conjunction with the Ureschanger!!!