Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 23:05 

So I'm playing KotOR on my new system (Lynnfield Core i7, ATI Radeon HD5870). I applied the GCW noCD and then carefully applied the WSGF hacks via the Wiki. The game now runs pretty good at 1920x1200 (the right side of the screen fades at a different rate than the rest during fade-ins/outs, but that's about the only quirk), EXCEPT that movies don't work 90% of the time. Any ideas what may be going wrong here?

If I lower the in-game resolution back down to a standard 4:3 mode, the movies work fine.

I've tried substituting some newer binkw32.dll versions but it doesn't make much difference (not much of a surprise).

Maybe I should grab a hex editor and reverse the movie res hack? Or maybe uniWS never applied that part of the hack in the first place?

EDIT: I loaded it up in a hex editor and verified that the movie hacks (step 4) from the OP had in fact been applied. I reversed the step 4 changes and now the movies work fine. I don't mind the videos being played at 640x480 as long as all of the real-time rendered graphics are in 1920x1200.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2010, 21:35 

hey.

so i did the hex edit thing, because when i tried to use the uniws there was some kind of error (i think now it was a admin/privelege thing but w/e) so i did the manual hex editing.

keep in mind i have NEVER dont that before.

So i did the editing so i could ultimately use the patch for 1360/1366x768 displays. i start the game but when i go to change the resolution, theres no options. at all.

i tried to do the auto patch program again but now i cant even enter the widescreen values after i have the game autolocate my exe location.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 03:22 

can somone please help me to get swkotor running at 1902x1080 with no problems?iv been at this for ages and i just cant seem to get it to work properly. i tryd the editer patch thing .it runs in 1902x1080 but if i try to start a game or load a save the hud is all tightly fitted in the top left corner of my screen..also the mouse dosent scroll properly.il have it hovering over text or in the start menu and it wont recognise the buttons.insted i have to click very high above the buttons.i then tryd unistaling and reinstaling the game again and tryd to edit the exe manule with a hex editor(HxD)..following the instructions as best i can.not having a clue about this stuff.(i have never don this beffor).yet same thing happens.please help me solve this i wana play this game so bad.thanks

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 18:39 

i ment 1920x1080 sorry for the confution.:S

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 23:02 

can somone please help me to get swkotor running at 1902x1080 with no problems?iv been at this for ages and i just cant seem to get it to work properly. i tryd the editer patch thing .it runs in 1902x1080 but if i try to start a game or load a save the hud is all tightly fitted in the top left corner of my screen..also the mouse dosent scroll properly.il have it hovering over text or in the start menu and it wont recognise the buttons.insted i have to click very high above the buttons.i then tryd unistaling and reinstaling the game again and tryd to edit the exe manule with a hex editor(HxD)..following the instructions as best i can.not having a clue about this stuff.(i have never don this beffor).yet same thing happens.please help me solve this i wana play this game so bad.thanks

The hardware mouse option should fix the alignment problems.

As for the HUD, I would guess the two most common causes are that you put the files in the wrong spot or you are using the wrong hud file.

Try reverting to the original resolution options and then trying the new HUDs only. This might help you narrow down the cause of your issue.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 00:01 

thanks for the help and thank u Dusanyu for the instructions:) i can finaly play this game now.:)

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 01:57 

Hello, everyone!

If you are having problems with the placement of your HUD, although you already put the necessary HUD Correction files ( mipc2*x*.gui and tooltip*x*.gui ) into the Override folder, then you may want to read this:

I had to patch my swkotor.exe manually, as it wasn't recognized by UniWS. Although I followed every step of the instruction to the letter, I ended up with an .exe that would set the game's resolution to 1680x1050 but had the HUD stuck in the upper left quarter of the screen ( with the HUD's lower right corner [Force Powers, Stimulants, etc.] over the selected character's left shoulder ), despite the fact, that I had the 1680x1050 HUD Correction files in the Override folder. If you have the same problem, you may know how I felt... :cry:

Now on to the solution...

What I forgot to include as a possible problem, is the fact that my laptop's graphic card isn't supported by KotOR, which means that I am unable to select the required 1024x768 resolution ingame. ( I guess that's why the game still won't start in fullscreen mode for me... and don't even get me started on the movies :roll: - turning them on is similar to a game of russian roulette )

As I couldn't think of any other reason for the mismatched HUD, I made an educated guess: This had to be the crux of the matter - and in retrospect, I wonder why I didn't notice much sooner, that the HUD was stuck at a resolution of 800x600... :doh

It turned out that all I had to do to resolve the problem, were a few key strokes: I renamed the mipc210x7.gui ( meant for the 1024x768 HUD ) in the Override folder to mipc28x6.gui ( now meant for my 800x600 HUD ) and voilà... all the nice little HUD buttons moved to where they were supposed to be. :D

Now if you excuse me, I still have to give a certain backstabbing apprentice of mine :evil: a sound lightsaber trashing... in widescreen!

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 02:12 

hay people i redid some of the screens for knights of the old republic in 1920x1080 the map screen is the only one i have not don..as its a bigger job then the rest but everything els is complet..i would like to share them with the comuintiy but i dont no how to upload stuff..if u intresed let me no and you can use them in ur game.thanks

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 06:31 

All HUDs and backgrounds for 1920x1080 have already been done...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/WSGF_Hacks_for_SW:KOTOR#HUD_Correction

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 10:26 

yea but thay have the black borders still.and the computer and map screens are just cut of..i redid them all so there is no black borders with any of them. iv finished the map hud now aswell :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next