Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2015, 19:35 

since the last reply is from 2014 its not that much thread necro of posting back! ;)

I have been trying relentlessly for the last 5 days to make this works... and I just made it!!! :)

REAL "nearly" FULL 720p display! ok not 1280x720 (that one still crash for whatever reason)... but 1152x648 works perfectly with flawless widescreen!

My guess is that you could probably run any resolution that your computer supports (except 1280x720)... you simply have to get flawless widescreen to work, install the plugin, start the game, quit the game, restart the game, go into graphic and change resolution to whatever you wish (the resolution menu will have all your computer resolution)... dont forget to clean up your override folder (remove all 800x600 tga files as well as all .gui files from the override if you had any)...

I'm telling you the game might be old.. but with 10+GBs of extra textures and mods in the override folder running at full 720p on a 71inch monitor, it looks really GREAT! :)

Hopefully everyone can make it work as well!

Let me know if anyone needs extra help (either here on by pm i'll try my best to help you out since i just spent the last 5 days learning absolutely everything about this game i should be able to help ;)

Have a nice day!
-=Fire Hawk X=-

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 09:16 

Hello everybody,

using the instructions here, I got the widescreen 1920x1200 resolution working in Kotor, no problem.

However, the major problem I have now is that the text (conversations, controls etc.) is WAY too small for any sort of comfortable playthrough.

This is a real shame because while the widescreen solution works flawlessly, this is a gamebreaking problem for me. This game is very heavy on a story and conversation and not being able to read it without magnifying glass is a real bummer...

Please, please... do you have any idea what could be done to increase the font size in the game? I have searched the web high-and-dry and found no solution to this, only people having similar problem but no solution.

I remember playing this game at 1680x1050 and the text size was already barely tolerable. I remember my eyes hurting after the playthrough. Now in the 1920x1200, it's just too much. I cannot imagine anyone playing like this beyond the HDTV resolution.

Heh, there is even 2560x1600 solution presented on the website, but I consider this more than theoretical without any text scaling.

In my opinion, without the text size solution, this game should definitely not be considered widescreen solved. Especially not at HDTV resolution and beyond...

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 14:13 

I also found that anything higher than 1600x900 the text became WAY too small... which is why in my post (right above yours) i stated i played the full game with 10gb+ of mods in 720p and it was superb... only to get it to work at 720p i needed to use flawless widescreen instead otherwise the text became invisible...

For Kotor2 however, flawless widescreen was never implemented and never worked at all... so i had no choice but to make it work with WSGF program... 720p resolution had no text at all, so not a possibility... and i found that 1600x900 was a bit too small... i ended up playing the whole game in 16x10 resolution of 1280x800 instead and that one worked!

All in all, the game is very old and really not made for all thoses widescreen "hacks"... it can work... but needs a lot of tweaking and messing around to get it to your own personal liking...

Good luck to you! :)

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 17:20 

Has anybody made 1920x1080 HUD patch for KOTOR? I have successfully patch the game to work in 1080p, but the HUD is too small and the game buttons are not where they are supposed to, and also the "screen scroll" are is small too.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 17:17 

for Kotor1, if you find that 1080p is too small, you're better off scalling down to 720p like i did... there is a hud file so that it fits... unfortunately its way too small if you play on a tv screen and not a computer monitor...

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 19:59 

FireHawkX wrote:
for Kotor1, if you find that 1080p is too small, you're better off scalling down to 720p like i did... there is a hud file so that it fits... unfortunately its way too small if you play on a tv screen and not a computer monitor...

Um what...? I said that I have successfully patched the game to 1080p, which is the resolution I want to play it in, but UniWS only offer interface(mod) from 800x600 to 1600x1200. So when I try play the game in 1080p the item buttons(health packs etc.) are not in the lower right corner where they are suppose to be, instead they are little closer to the middle of the screen. Also the "edge" of the interface is smaller the my resolution, meaning that I can't move mouse fully around the screen, instead I hit screen border before the actual border of my monitor. And yes I'm playing normal PC monitor.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 21:31 

sorry about that... i was reading what someone else wrote about 1080p having text too small and thought it was a similar issue...

in that case you should be using "flawless widescreen" which is free and creates custom interface tga as you need them when you start the game... that was how i was able to make a custom 720p without the game crashing, and with all the interface positionned properly :)

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2017, 23:31 

I am playing the GOG version of the game on my laptop which has a resolution of 1366 x 768. I know that Universal Widescreen does not support that resolution and the workaround involves inputting a resolution of 1530 x 864 which I tried. However, after patching the game and editing my swkotor.ini file, the only thing that changes is the 800 x 600 option in the screen resolution menu is missing. My game's screen has not changed and there is no option of the 1530 x 864 resolution. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2019, 07:55 

I have a laptop with the resolution 1366x768. I followed the instructions under the notes mentioned here: http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-wars-knights-old-republic

The instructions require me to use a custom resolution of 1530x864 but when I try to create that custom resolution, I get an error which says "The custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity".

How do I get this game working properly at 1366x768? I have the Steam version of the game.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2019, 14:33 

For KOTOR1, I would still grealy recommend trying to get flawless widescreen and see if that works for the last 2 person who posted. It much more flexible than uniws and is the only solution that worked for me back when i played this game.

https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32