Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2007, 17:56 

Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: Incomplete
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Veteran agent Sam Fisher is back. But he's never faced an enemy like this before. To stop a devastating attack, he must infiltrate a vicious terrorist group and destroy it from within. For the first time ever, experience the relentless tension and gut-wrenching dilemmas of life as a double agent. As you infiltrate a terrorist organization in its American headquarters, you must carefully weigh the consequences of your actions. Kill too many criminals and you'll blow your cover. Hesitate too long and millions will die. Do whatever it takes to complete your mission, but get out alive.

4:3

16:9

3x1

Last edited by emanuel.en on 02 Aug 2013, 09:28, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2007, 23:46 
Insiders
Insiders

==Singleplayer anomalies==

No need to list HUD stretch and vert - cut-scenes here. They have their own sections. This section is for miscellaneous flaws. Does the game have any stretched 2D screens (not counting HUD)? If so, things like that would go here.

==Multiplayer support==

Are you unable to get any widescreen resolution resolution working in multiplayer at all? Or is it just the FOV you can't fix?

==Cut-scenes==

Are these rendered ingame or FMV? On a side-note, those shots make Sam Fisher almost look cel-shaded.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2007, 00:12 

==Singleplayer anomalies==

No need to list HUD stretch and vert - cut-scenes here. They have their own sections. This section is for miscellaneous flaws. Does the game have any stretched 2D screens (not counting HUD)? If so, things like that would go here.

Okay. :)

The Opsat stretchs - forgot this one.

==Multiplayer support==

Are you unable to get any widescreen resolution resolution working in multiplayer at all? Or is it just the FOV you can't fix?

I'm unable to get any widescreen resolution at all. There is no file to fix it.

==Cut-scenes==

Are these rendered ingame or FMV? On a side-note, those shots make Sam Fisher almost look cel-shaded.

Ingame.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2007, 01:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Does the map stretch? I noticed that in Chaos Theory, most of the Opsat screens stretch, but the map doesn't.

If not, are there any Opsat screens that, by stretching, have an impact on gameplay? If so, how often are they used?

Calculated grade: D+
(multiplayer support with the FOV fix would improve this - a lot)

Major outstanding issues: None
Minor outstanding issues: None

Summary of widescreen related flaws:
No multiplayer support.
.ini solution
Stretched opsat
Stretched HUD
Vert - cut-scenes

Cranky's coverage estimate: 98.5%

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2007, 14:22 

Does the map stretch? I noticed that in Chaos Theory, most of the Opsat screens stretch, but the map doesn't.

I added screenshots in the first post.

If not, are there any Opsat screens that, by stretching, have an impact on gameplay? If so, how often are they used?

I never use the opsat. :oops:

They have no impact on the game.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2007, 06:07 
Insiders
Insiders

I just noticed the Opsat screenshots. Coverage is now 100% (the grade is still D+).

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2008, 21:55 

Hey, I just got my new pc and widescreen monitor its 19" Widescreen and supports 16:10 and has native res of 1440x900.

What would I download to play Splinter Cel: DA in 1440x900, because I'm not able to do that am, thanks.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2008, 12:14 

Hey, I just got my new pc and widescreen monitor its 19" Widescreen and supports 16:10 and has native res of 1440x900.

What would I download to play Splinter Cel: DA in 1440x900, because I'm not able to do that am, thanks.

Why don't you... you know... read the guide, which tells you step by step what to do.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2008, 17:53 

I did change the ini file to 1440x900 but it didnt give me option of changing my res to 1440x900 in-game. And I can't download patch because it says only for US versions of the game, I got my version in UK...

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 15:01 

You don't change the res in-game. Follow the guide, change your settings in the .ini file, and then launch the game... should be in the forced res, no in-game changes needed.

Patch or no patch, shouldn't matter.