Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Auto Assault
PostPosted: 05 May 2006, 16:04 

Widescreen Grade: B
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Auto Assault

AutoAssault is a post-apocalyptic mmorpg where you drive in cars with weapons mounted everywhere and fight NPCs and opposing factions. There are 3 factions in all, humans, bio-meks and mutant, each has its own terratory and all can travel to the arena where PvP is possible

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by RichieG on 26 Feb 2018, 08:55, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 22:59 

==Game Information==

AutoAssault is a post-apocalyptic mmorpg where you drive in cars with weapons mounted everywhere and fight NPCs and opposing factions. There are 3 factions in all, humans, bio-meks and mutant, each has its own terratory and all can travel to the arena where PvP is possible.

The game is developed by NetDevil and published by NCSoft.

Read more on the official website: http://eu.autoassault.com/

==Version==

This is the full retail game and with the latest patch installed (1.0.14.113)

==Method==

This game supports widescreen out of the box. Just go to video in the optionsmenu and select the resolution.

==Screen change==

This game is Vert - .

4:3 gameplay screenshot: 1024x768

16:10 gameplay screenshot: 1280x800

==Supported resolutions==

List of widescreen resolutions the game successfully ran at:
1280x768
1280x800
1920x1200
1360x768
1920x1080
List of widescreen resolutions that were not tested:
1280x720
1440x900
1680x1050
List of widescreen resolutions the game fails to run at:

==Singleplayer anomalies==

The game is online only.

==Multiplayer support==

The FOV is vert-, but otherwise the game will run in widescreen mode.

==Aspect ratio support==

16:9 and 16:10 have the same aspect ratio.

16:9 gameplay screenshot:

16:10 gameplay screenshot:

==HUD stretch==

The HUD does not stretch, it scales correctly.

==Cut-scenes==

A cut-scene at the beginning of the game, but it is rendered ingame, so same aspect as gameplay.

==Grading==

Calculated grade: C+

Major unresolved issues:
None.
Minor unresolved issues:
On my system the game is missing a few widescreen resolutions, I dont know if it is just me or the game doesn't support them.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2006, 01:01 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't mean to be a bother, but is there any chance you could re-do the 16:10 and 16:9 screenshots? It doesn't look like the car is in the same place in both of them.

A smaller thing, in the "Minor changes," you might want to rephrase the note of "missing resolutions" as a question. That way there's no way people will get confused and think that you are saying that the resolutions are outright unsupported.

Aside from that, this is a great report; it addresses everything that it should.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2006, 19:26 

I don't mean to be a bother, but is there any chance you could re-do the 16:10 and 16:9 screenshots? It doesn't look like the car is in the same place in both of them.

The problem with that is that the game makes you restart the game to apply a new resolution, and it will reset your position back at town. I was going to do screens for this game but realized that making good reference shots was very hard to do.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2006, 23:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Couldn't you take two screenshots from town, then?

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2006, 01:16 

I believe I tried this and I thought I remember it placing you in somewhat differentiating positions. I may be wrong. I don't have the game installed/subscribed any longer so I cannot confirm.

That said, I am quite positive it is a HOR+. I swear the game uses the exact same engine as City of Heroes.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2006, 01:18 
Insiders
Insiders

It's definitely vert -. I've seen screenshots that demonstrate this really well, though the ones at the top of the report also demonstrate it. You can tell that in the widescreen shot, there's a lot less of the leftmost mountain visible, a lot less visible sky between the distant mountains and the top of the screen, and less visible ground between the car's tires and the bottom of the screen. The car is facing slightly more to the left in the widescreen shot, which explains the appearance of more space between the debris and the left side of the screen.

City of Heroes also *appears* to be vert-. The screenshots on this site would seem to indicate this, but do leave enough room for doubt that I'm still requesting comparison shots.

Post subject: hollyday
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2006, 11:10 

I just got back from my vacation. I'll redo those images later today.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2006, 07:20 

It's definitely vert -. I've seen screenshots that demonstrate this really well, though the ones at the top of the report also demonstrate it. You can tell that in the widescreen shot, there's a lot less of the leftmost mountain visible, a lot less visible sky between the distant mountains and the top of the screen, and less visible ground between the car's tires and the bottom of the screen. The car is facing slightly more to the left in the widescreen shot, which explains the appearance of more space between the debris and the left side of the screen.

City of Heroes also *appears* to be vert-. The screenshots on this site would seem to indicate this, but do leave enough room for doubt that I'm still requesting comparison shots.

Both games allow you to zoom the camera in and out, so just basing this on a few screenshots will be hard. I am in the other boat and think that it is HOR+.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2006, 23:29 
Founder
Founder

We lost these images in the server move. Sorry.