Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 14:41 

where is the ini on vista?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 21:56 
Editors
Editors

Shouldn't be different than XP or Win98... Is it not in C:Program FilesCroteamSerious Samscripts... :?:

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 05:37 

I must be missing something here, because every time I try and do this fix with fullscreen enabled, it reverts into 640x480 "safe mode" graphics. I tried running it with and without "widescreen" enabled, but I cannot get this to run in fullscreen mode; does it simply only work in a window?

I have a native 1440x900 resolution widescreen monitor, and I'm running GeForce 8600 GTS with the latest drivers. I have the graphics settings maxed out, and I've tried messing with some of them, but I'm not even sure what would be causing a problem.

If it will only run in a window, does anybody know how to move/resize/position the window so at least I can't see the toolbar, etc.? I tried a program that I use for this sometimes called WinScraper, but it seemed to be unable to cope with Serious Sam.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 19:50 

Nevermind, I figured it out.

The engine, at least on my compy with my video cards, settings, etc., will reset any unusual resolutions if you try to force fullscreen when the option "Access Mode" is set to "Performance;" it needs to be set to compatibility instead. I don't know why nobody else seems to have had this problem, though, but changing the option fixed the problem.