Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pro Evolution Soccer 3
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2006, 19:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: Unsupported
Multi-monitor Grade: Unsupported

Read Full Detailed Report - Pro Evolution Soccer 3

Pro Evolution Soccer 3 (also known as Winning Eleven 7 in Japan and World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 in the US) is the third installment of Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer football video game series. It is also the first in the series to be released on PC.

Last edited by The_cranky_hermit on 27 Mar 2013, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2006, 03:32 

Yeah it stretches, same with WE 9 which is basically the same game just the japanese/us version.

The game doesnt' suck though, it's easily the best soccer game series out there. It's not a great port, but play it on the system it was meant for and it's the best ever.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2006, 00:32 
Founder
Founder

At first I was going to say that I didn't really notice the stretching that much, and I suppose once you get gaming on a cool title like this you might not notice, but where it really seems to show is on that player outside the circle with red shirt/white shorts. Wow - he really got ironed out! :shock:

It makes me wonder if we should set up a thread where the comparison shots are specifically b/w stretched resolutions and the same rez's properly rendered to scale.

PostPosted: 03 May 2014, 08:56 

Hello! I have Winning Eleven 7 here, which, aside from the title of the game, it should be the same as PES 3. Reading through the detailed report, this game apparently natively supports widescreen resolutions that are stretched, however I am unable to select 1920x1080, or anything above 1280x1024 available in the settings. My question is, is it possible I can change the resolution somehow? Any help would just be fantastic! Thanks.

Mike.