Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Live 2001
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 08:20 

Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: Unsupported

Read Full Detailed Report - NBA Live 2001

2001 version of the sports action basketball series, NBA Live.

Last edited by Gabbo on 27 Mar 2013, 13:12, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 10:13 
Editors
Editors

This is another one you can add to the Solutions section if you would like ... :D ... if not I can do it for you ... 8)

This one is [FOV-V]

Thanks again ... :D

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 11:27 

Well... i didn't put some of these in the Solutions thread because they are already in the MGL. They lack the screen change notes. And the sticky is requesting these screenies.

So I wasn't too clear where to post em.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 11:46 
Editors
Editors

No worries ... :D

I just happend to notice that there wasn't a Solution for them ...
I'll post the solutions if you like ... I didn't want to steal your thunder ... 8)

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 18:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Personally, I wouldn't make a solution thread if the game supported it natively. If everything you need is right in the options screen, I'd just as soon leave the space in the solutions thread for solutions that are not self-explanatory.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 19:10 
Editors
Editors

Hi Cranky ...
The reason for putting them in to the Solutions section is for anyone looking to see if a game works in WS before purchasing ...
They can then see if it works OOTB or what might need to be done in the way of hacks etc. and also see if there are any pitfalls or flaws such as [FOV-] etc.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 01:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Given that the MGL already does all that, I think that's a little redundant.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 02:58 

Since I plan on adding a lot of screenies and game info, I'll post them like this:

If it is in the MGL but lacks notes (screen change, etc) I'll post the screenshots in the "screenshots" forum.

If it is a game that does not support WS, I'll post my findings in the "Solution Discussion" forum.

If a game is not in the MGL and does indeed support WS either natively or through a hack, I'll post it in the "PC Widescreen Solutions" forum.

Does this work for everyone?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 10:53 
Editors
Editors

@ Gabbo ... Sounds good to me ... if you post any extra information about a solution that already exists then it can always be added to the solution by a Mod.

@ Cranky ... Yes the MGL does do that but in order for people to find the "how to" or any notes the MGL links to a thread ... more often than not those threads are "Solutions" which have screenshots etc. so people can then gauge for themselves. For example Battlefield 2: MGL says ... CMD Line and Vert- ... the CMD Line links to the thread where people can then see what the CMD Line is ... the visuals show what the Vert- looks like ... and the thread also shows any follow up issues that people have had and solved. These are things that people might want to see before buying a game.

If a game has complete native support ... yes it is in the MGL ... but again people often like to see proof ... hence a link to a solution or screenshots would be great. Also when people are looking for a solution before buying a game I would imagine that the would start by looking in the Solutions section ... if not the MGL.

Every little helps ... :D