Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2005, 23:24 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: C

Read Full Detailed Report - Need for Speed: Most Wanted

NFS:MW is an installment in the long-running NFS series. Breaking with many other racers, NFS:MW has a strong focus on a storyline and narrative, even if the story itself is thin.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by Paddy the Wak on 16 Jan 2018, 12:53, edited 7 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2005, 13:30 
Editors
Editors

Hey guys ...

Now there is a new Camera Hack out for NFS-MW ... by Racer_S ... he's a star ! ... 8)
It allows you to do all sorts of things with the camera view ... such as pull back the camera to increase the FOV.

Get it here ... http://toca.game-editing.net/files ... in the Need For Speed Tools section about half way down the page ... instructions for use are in the ReadMe file that comes with it.

Some screenshots ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on the thumbnail to see larger shot ...

Normal view after res change ...

With the Camera Hack you can pull back the camera ...

or even further if you like ...

There are other camera options available such as this ...

It is also possible to get this view like this which has the Rear View Mirror in the behind car view.
I used one of the interior views and then pulled back the camera to behind the car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2005, 13:19 
Editors
Editors

Alternative ArtMoney Hack ... (Unnecessary if the above Res Changer works)

Firstly ... this is the way I have done it on my computer ... it may differ on your computer ... but lets hope not ... :)
I have never used ArtMoney before or any programme like it ... so ... it can't be that difficult ... :D

That said it may seem quite daunting for anyone new to this sort of thing as this explanation is very long ... BUT ... it isn't as bad as it seems ...
Hopefully I have done this clearly enough for all ... but ... if you have an issue please let me know and I will see what I can do for you ... :D
Please post any issues in the Solution Discussion forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to use ArtMoney to get Need for Speed - Most Wanted to work in widescreen ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start ArtMoney ... do nothing else with it just yet.
Now start NFS - MW
Set resolution in the game to 800x600
Press Alt+tab to minimize the game

In ArtMoney click on the arrow next to the Select process box and choose Need for Speed Most Wanted ...

Now click the Search button ...

In the box that appears type in 800 in the Value area then click the OK button ...

Once the search process finishes ... click OK ... ArtMoney should now have quite a few entries in the field on the left (Do nothing else with ArtMoney just yet) ...

Now click back on to NFS - MW on your Taskbar to go back in to the game.
Change the resolution in the game to 1024x768
Press Alt+tab to minimize the game again

In ArtMoney use the Filter button ...

In the box that appears type in 1024 in the Value area then click the OK button ...

Once the filter process finishes ... click OK ... ArtMoney should now have about 18 entries in the field on the left ...

Now using the Green arrow button pass all of them to the right field ...

In ArtMoney use the Search button again ...

In the box that appears type in 768 in the Value area then click the OK button ...

Once the search process finishes ... click OK ... ArtMoney should now have lots more entries in the field on the left (Do nothing else with ArtMoney just yet) ...

Now click back on to NFS - MW on your Taskbar to go back in to the game.
Change the resolution in the game to 800x600
Press Alt+tab to minimize the game again

In ArtMoney use the Filter button again ...

In the box that appears type in 600 in the Value area then click the OK button ...

Once the filter process finishes ... click OK ... ArtMoney should now have about 21 entries in the field on the left ...

Now using the Green arrow button again pass all of them to the right field ...

Now right click on any entries in the right field that do not have either 800 or 600 in the Value column and choose delete ...

Now Left Click and highlight the first entry for 800 and then hold down Shift and click on the last 800 value ... so all the 800 values are selected.
Right click on any one of them and choose Edit Selected from the pop up menu ...

In the box that appears change the XXX in the Value area to your desired width resolution (in my case 1920) and click OK ...

Repeat this last process (in blue) for the 600 values changing them to your desired height resolution.

ArtMoney should now look like this ...

Click the Save button at the bottom ... enter a name in the save field ... Do not close ArtMoney

Now click back on to NFS - MW on your start bar to go back in to the game ... the game should be at your desired resolution :D :D :D

IMPORTANT
This does not fix the game for your desired resolution permanently
So ...
Next time you want to play NFS - MW you have to do some of the above process again ... but ... it isn't as bad as having to do all that above again.

Here is what you do ...
Start up ArtMoney ... do nothing else with it just yet.
Start up NFS-MW (with the game resolution set at 800x600)
Press Alt+tab to minimize the game
In ArtMoney as before Select process ...

Now using the Load button at the bottom load your saved "Table" ...

Again change the values for 800 and 600 in the Value column ... as shown in blue text above

To help next time you use ArtMoney for NFS - MW ... as before ... delete any entries in the right field that do not have either 800 or 600 in the Value column and choose delete ...

Save again
Now click back on to NFS - MW on your start bar to go back in to the game ... the game should be at your desired resolution once again.

Next time you use this process to get your desired resolution you should just have 7 entries for 800 and 7 entries for 600 to change as in the blue bit above.

That's it ... enjoy ... :shock:

Screenshots ...
click to enlarge ...
4:3

16:10 ...

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006, 14:40 
Editors
Editors

Need for Speed Most Wanted ...

Racer_S tools for NFS-MW ...
Resolution Hack ... http://tocaedit.com/test/nfsmwres.zip
Camera Hack to pull back the camera thus giving you the correct FOV ....... http://www.tocaedit.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=49

PostPosted: 16 May 2007, 00:56 

Hi Paddy,

I have read of this fix in a few places now. Can I ask for a bit more help on this as the source of camhack utility seems to want to sell me golf course grass :?

I am running a TH2Go and the resolution fixer works its magic, that's great but I have two issues with NFSMW and the camhack could try to solve both.

The first is I am really not clear on whether it does anything.. So you just like, launch it, then run your game and try to operate the hotkeys you chose in the camhack? So far that one is eluding me. Any idea on what I am missing?

The other is that my R440 wheel plays havoc with the selection system of NFSMW (and Carbon for that matter). I cannot find how to manually set things in a config file and if I use the gui it slides down to the bottom of every list when the wheel is plugged in making it impossible to user select the controls.

I notice that the camhack does have some input device mapping (although no axis, only buttons) and am curious if this could partly solve my dillema - if I could get it to do something?

Cheers

Garry

PostPosted: 16 May 2007, 09:51 
Editors
Editors

Hello ... welcome to the WSGF ... :D

Yeah the link to the camera hack was dead ...
I have updated it ... it has all the instructions for it's use on the link.

I don't have the game installed any more ... but hopefully that link will help you.

PostPosted: 18 May 2007, 08:35 

Hi Paddy,

Yeah, thanks for that. I think I was just being a nuffnut and not activating the thing with its hotkey first.

I guess I was hoping to pull back from the mirror a bit and perhaps get some bonnet (hood for our US pals) showing. That visual support is kinda critical to keep the nausea down. It looks like anything HUD, and the mirror is part of that, just gets stretched/scaled from its previous res.

My biggest beef now is my wheel. There is a lag in it that is not there in my own apps. And... it makes the selection / config dialogs go nuts. Not playable really.

From other posts, I concur with the Carbon story. I think I prefer the daytime/scenery in NFSMW more anyway.

Cos this is screengrab forum, I suppose I should post some to say thanks again? :)

Garry

PostPosted: 18 May 2007, 08:41 
Editors
Editors

Holy shamoli ...!
That looks awesome ... I want ... :mrgreen:

Could you post details of your setup ... ?

PostPosted: 18 May 2007, 16:12 
Editors
Editors

Wow..... :shock:

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 18 May 2007, 16:42 

Awesome! :o