Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2004, 14:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest is a treasure trove of historical battles presented as a gritty World War II action FPS. Call in artillery and air strikes against the opposing forces and keep your squad away from the jaws of defeat and despair. Drive various assault vehicles, always charging onwards to victory. Uncle Sam wants YOU!

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest includes Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and its two expansions: Spearhead and Breakthrough.Wage war in vast and stunning locales--from North Africa to Norway, occupied France all the way to the heart of Germany.Over 48 carefully researched and authentic weapons from World War II.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by czarman on 08 May 2016, 02:12, edited 8 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2004, 20:59 

Go into the MOHAA cfg file and find:
'seta r_customwidth'
'seta r_customheight'
Change these to the height and width you want then find:
'seta r_mode'
Change the zero to '-1' then find:
'seta cg_fov'
This is the field of view. If it is not there just copy and paste it in. Default is 90, I have found that setting it to ~106 will give you the proper 16:9 aspect ratio.

Hope this helps!!

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2005, 16:30 

Ok I have MOHAA original I cant find the MOHAA.cfg file you talk about. Is it different in the original game?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2005, 18:56 
Insiders
Insiders

I know there's already a solution on this board, but I'm confident that it is incomplete; that the FOV adjustment part just doesn't work.

Go to mainconfigs. Delete "unnamedsoldier.cfg." Run the game once, and set all of the settings how you like them, EXCEPT for the game resolution (you can adjust the color depth, though). Now open up the newly generated "unnamedsoldier.cfg" file. Scroll down to the "cvars" section. Add these lines in:

seta r_customwidth "1280"
seta r_customheight "800" //set these variables to whatever you want the resolution to be
seta r_mode "-1"
seta ui_console "1"
seta developer "1"

Now start the game. Whenever you load a level, you must bring down the console ("~" key), and type "fov 90." You can go higher, but the default is 80, and upping it to 90 seems to preserve the vertical coverage the most. This must be done every time you enter a new level, and it doesn't work in multiplayer. Advanced users may consider binding an out-of-the-way key to "fov 90".

Screenshots here.

Post subject: MOHAA: 4:3 and 16:10
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2005, 19:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Nice WS when you get it to work. Here, I upped the FOV from 80 to 90. Notice that unlike most Quake 3 engine games, the HUD isn't stretched.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2005, 04:32 
Founder
Founder

Nice shot, Cranky! You've been kicking it old school lately with all these classic games. I may just have to visit the bargain bin and pick some of these up.

I was at Circuit City the other day and noticed that they had a lot of older games selling for around 10 dollars. Games like BF 1942 and Quake III. Good fun. :)

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2014, 15:08 

I have recently added a 4K monitor to my system. I cannot get MOHAA to work on my PC now. I have got it to work on a HD monitor in 2048x1152 by setting the resolution in the unamedsoldier.cfg, running a two monitor solution in windows, my second monitor was a 17inch 1440x900.
Now my main monitor is a 4K Asus - Displayport 1.2, and my second monitor is my previous first monitor, the Dell 23inch 2048x1152 - DVI. I cant get it to run on either screen now that my new monitor combination is in use.

I've tried all sorts of permutations, both monitors plugged into the GTX670, and also the Dell into the onboard DVI. I'm stumped... If anyone has a solution, I'll be over the moon. I only play it once a week with some old clan friends from back in the day when we were active on clanbase, we now just play amongst ourselves for fun and nostalgia.

Please help