Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2005, 23:09 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: Unsupported
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is a strategy and simulation computer game. It is the third installment in the RollerCoaster Tycoon series, first released on October 26, 2004 in North America. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 places players in charge of managing amusement parks; rides can be built or demolished, terrain and scenery can be adjusted, and prices can be controlled to keep visitors or "peeps" happy.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 features two methods of gameplay. In career mode, players must complete predetermined objectives in predesigned scenarios. In the new sandbox mode, players have unlimited time and money to create their own custom parks. New features include the ability to import and export custom attractions, design custom scenarios and peeps, as well as design an in-game recorder and a fully three dimensional world players can view from all angles.

Widescreen support was added in the "Soaked" expansion pack.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by skipclarke on 24 Dec 2016, 17:45, edited 5 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2005, 23:54 
Founder
Founder

Unfortunately it only allows you to select widescreen resolutions if it detects your monitor as supporting them. I'm not sure why, but it does not detect my monitor (2005fpw) so the best I get is 1024x768. I have my monitor drivers installed (as well as all other drivers updated). I couldn't find any solutions to this on the official forums (though I did find people with the same problem), anyone else have an idea?

Though you can get around this by editing Options.txt in your C:Documents and Settings[your username]Application DataAtariRCT3 folder, and adding the line Resolution X Y, replacing X with desired width and Y with height. I still wonder why it does not detect my monitor properly.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2005, 23:56 
Founder
Founder

Glad to know the old options file fix works as a work-around for you. Pre-Soaked, it used to stretch the screen.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2005, 21:36 
Founder
Founder

Well to be honest I'm not entirely sure that it's not stretching. It's sort of hard to tell with this type of game, for me. And I haven't spent a lot of time with it. Just another reason I want the menu to show the right resolutions.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2005, 21:52 
Founder
Founder

I can't say for certain on what it does using the file hack, but I did take pics of the widescreen modes with Soaked, and it's not stretched there.

If you want to check out a screen cap utility, try http://www.techsmith.com or http://www.fraps.com

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2005, 19:42 
Founder
Founder

Ok, after taking a couple screenshots, changing the config file appears to just cut off the top and bottom with Soaked, rather than stretching. No way for me to test if widescreen resolutions from the menu do the same.