Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Delphium][quote=RED-FROG
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012, 21:36 

[quote]Are you guys trolling or have I missed something?

Ermm
http://www.wsgf.org/blog/skid/2012/06/02/dirt-showdown-triple-monitors-eyefinity-surround-4k
http://www.wsgf.org/blog/g00seberry/2012/06/05/my-fov-dirt-showdown
:onethumb
wow, have you even read the links you have posted?

I will quote the one from g00seberry (my-fov review)

The FOV is being incorrectly calculated at extreme resolutions, resulting in massive amounts of vert- (if you're new here and unaware of our terminology, check the FAQ!). This creates an incredibly constricting, claustrophobic feel to races and completely erases any sense of speed to the point where your momentum is unclear and subsequently distances are difficult to judge. Running the game in windowed mode fixes the problem, with the correct FOV displayed, but the obvious performance hit that brings might make it unplayable depending on your hardware (also the HUD no longer centers)

Incorrect FOVs in surround resolutions means to me, that the game DOES NOT officially support these resolutions. DiRT Showdown has a flaw there, thus it does not perfectly support it. imo it's unplayable. Every corner is much harder to take, it's like the view is zoomed by 300%. Stuff that is 300 meters away appears to be only under 100m away.
Windowed is no option to me since the game draws too much performance and Crossfire is disabled in windowed mode. I want the full immersion.

It is no wonder DiRT Showdown has gotten no Surround Gaming report yet, since they are waiting for a fix and it would obviously not be getting a good rating.

codemasters have recently thrown out a patch, which does not adress these bugs.

windowed (the FOV appears to be faulty at stretched windows, too. But in the opposite way, it's inreasing FOV. It's not even the full 5292x1050)

1 screen @full

fullscreen

Exactly same place, no movement. 3x22" vs 1x22":

~ Tell me again the FOV isn't broken and game has perfect support.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 11:30 

Thanks for pointing out the differences. I think the widescreen resolution could be far better if they tried. :) But it's looking awesome anyway :)

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 19:40 
Founder
Founder

Are you guys trolling or have I missed something?

DiRT Showdown doesn't even support EyeFinity - so what is this all about?
That's one of the biggest jokes I've seen on this site so far. It's pretty ridiculous and unprofessional to be honest.

The game has not even been rated for multi monitor solutions yet but at the same time you are glorifying EyeFinity+Showdown.
Actually with a single monitor you can most likely see more and drive much better since the FOV isn't so messed up.

You are highly disappointing me there. Instead of doing these useless contest, push Codemasters and AMD to give proper EyeFinity support.
The game has been patched today but they didn't fix it. Not sure if we will see any further patches at all.

No, but it appears you are trolling. You're hijacking my contest thread with your rant. If you have an issue with the game, post in the DR thread.

To be honest, until Skid and g00seberry started working on screenshots for the Detailed Report, I didn't realize there was an issue with the FOV. I fired up a preview copy I got from Codies, and it looked and played great to me. I hadn't taken the time to grab shots for a proper comparison - I was having too much fun playing the game in what little free time I have. Based on my experience I asked Codies for keys, to hold a *LAUNCH CONTEST*. We couldn't even have tested the final game code until this contest was underway.

I asked Codies and AMD for the keys before we got release code, and before this was realized. Personally, I don't appreciate you calling the site or anything we're doing a joke. If you have an issue with something, why not take the time to PM or email me or one of the staff personally. Now that this has been identified, I will be getting with Codies on it, but at the moment I'm a bit busy.

Should I cancel the contest now that we've figured this out? No. Should I hold the keys hostage until Codies fixes it? No.

What is highly disappointing is your attitude and desire to simply troll/flame. Don't like the contest, don't post. Don't like the site, leave. We are all volunteers, and we do our best. You haven't volunteered, and you haven't contributed any content, or much to the overall discussion. I will say that as soon as I saw your name here I instantly remembered you trolling in the comments on videos that Aussie did for the YouTube channel.

Really not the way you want to be remembered, or the way you should be behaving. If you can't keep it civil, bans will be given.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 20:07 

Please don't call off the contest. :) Been Following this thead

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 20:14 
Editors
Editors

A few things worth pointing out:

As Skip said, the contest was started on honest grounds before the multi-monitor support was known to have issues. As far as Codemasters/AMD and we were aware, the game worked fine in multi-monitor resolutions. Their support in previous DiRT titles gave no reason to doubt this.

If you check the DR thread you can see one of the devs responding to say that it indeed does appear to work for them. I contacted them about the problem with multi-monitor resolutions as soon as I started my review (and didn't shy away from reporting the problem bluntly within the review), and you can see that a dev promptly responded in the thread - so yes, we are working with them to solve it.

Skid and I have given them hardware settings to help troubleshoot the problem and I'm sure they are going to continue investigating it. Note that in the UK (which is where Codemasters is based) there has been an extended Jubilee weekend, and thus only a 3 day working week, so this will extend the time it will take them to work through this with us. I will chase it up with them if there is no reply for a while.

It doesn't taint the validity of the contest at all. The information about multi-mon support is available in multiple places across the site, so I think our readers are smart enough to decide for themselves how it would effect their enjoyment of the game.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

Post subject: Sorry for the delay in
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 19:25 
Founder
Founder

Sorry for the delay in getting the voted starting. Been swamped with IRL and in getting a recent review finished.

http://www.wsgf.org/article/review-corsair-vengeance-m90-mouse-k90-keyboard

In reviewing the thread I see that Grizz and stone each had multiple entries. I have sent a PM asking them to pick the favorite of their entries. Once I have that, I will start the voting.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 21:27 

i pick my dirt monster then :}
my final entry :}
in search of evolved computers :}

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 22:17 

Oh oh :( usually getting votes and me, don't end well :(

Will there only be one winner?

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 02:09 
Editors
Editors

Pretty sure Skip has a few keys so good chance anybody that entered will win.

I guess I will be away when we pick the winners, I leave after work tonight to go to Metrocon.

I'll see about pushing some WSGF mentioning around in the game room and stuff.

http://youtu.be/HxhlZasZDQs

:D no internet while I am out there unless i want to pay like $20 a day, and since I bought $0.25 Ramen for dinner... yeah.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 15:54 

Have fun at metrocoN ! :) enjoy yourself :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next