Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 17:55 

Date: Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Subject: [Widescreen Gaming Forum Newsletter] WSGF Newsletter - Site Relaunch & Dallas Meet-Up
To: ;)

WSGF Newsletter - Site Relaunch & Dallas Meet-Up

Howdy,

If it's been a while since you've been to the Widescreen Gaming Forum, then I'd encourage you to stop back by. We have just finished migrating the entire site from phpBB3 and MediaWiki, to a Drupal architecture.

http://default/

As part of this migration we have centralized a lot of the game information that was spread out across the site. Information is now easier to find, and easier to help update. We also have a number of new features like image galleries, news feeds and blogs.

We are also going to hold a WSGF Meet-Up at the Texas GamExperience sponsored by HardOCP and AMD. It will be this Saturday - July 16th in Dallas, TX. You can get more info, and see who all is attending, in this forum thread. Hopefully we'll see you there.

Thanks,
Ibrin

The visible "default" above I left because it can be seen. The "forum thread" was a link with this content: http://default/forum/forums/general/site-news-suggestion-box/15492/site-update-issues

:)

Just making you guys aware! It's probably too late but that's what happend!

Bill.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 17:25 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for the notification; we are aware of the issue, and are working to find what caused it (or the experts are!) but it appears to be linked to an issue we had with an earlier sending of the same newsletter, which a lot of people didn't get.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 00:40 

Right on, thanks! ;)

I may not have that many posts but I still come here regularly. Most newer games are generally "better" when it comes to wide-screen folk, but, the reason I regularly still come here is for all the *old* games I buy off of Steam from time to time.

So, this is now my chance to say: Thank You for all the information and work you put into providing that over the years! :D

Bill.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 07:02 
Administrators
Administrators

Thanks for letting us know, the guys here do a great job and it's nice to know it's appreciated.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 16:55 
Administrators
Administrators

This is fixed now, as is the unsubscribe link

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 00:26 
Insiders
Insiders

"Unsubscibe" link in most recent newsletter goes to http://www.default.com/. Though I was able to disable it in my Profile settings.

Post subject: This is 100% my fault.
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 01:25 
Administrators
Administrators

This is 100% my fault. http://www.wsgf.org/newsletter/subscriptions should work (logged in or out)

Though, I think we've settled on using a more reliable email service now.