Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 05:26 

I have been using this site for the past year since I bought my Asus ROG PG348Q monitor. Its a great monitor and exceeds my expectations every time. It is just so frustrating to run a game for the first time and see those big ass black bars on each side. Right now I am trying to figure out how to play Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain in 3440x1440. Ground Zero played without the black bars right out of the box and there was a fix on here that took care of the menu display problems. Phantom pain all the fixes seem to crash.

I think what happened is the Windows Fall Edition update affects those programs somehow. I had that issue with an Assasin's Creed game too. It seems like with every big Windows patch there is a whole new batch of issues that develop. Just tonight there was another windows update, seemed rather large too. :thumbdown:

Anyhow, I wish I knew more about programming so I could help the site but will do as much as I can.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 07:22 
Editors
Editors

:welcome

Some developers just want to see the world burn.
I.E Skyrim destroyed every fix with every patch that released and it took hours of work every time to get it working again.
Sadly 21:9 or 48:9 compatibility is still too much work for some to integrate.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 12:27 
I Donated
I Donated

Haldi wrote:
:welcome

Some developers just want to see the world burn.

Hah, well said. :onethumb:

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 21:20 

I guess the problem is that there aren't enough 21:9 or 48:9 users out there. I hope that the price on monitors like the one I bought come down so that there are more owners and maybe that will trigger more support. I guess until then we are screwed. The cost of these monitors must be over many budgets otherwise you would think more would own them. I would think the prices should be coming down but looking at it online the prices seem about the same as a year ago.